Gazpacho Soup Recipe
Published: Tue, 22 Sep 2015
Enjoy this hearty soup served at the Conquering Diabetes Retreat, one of our many retreats this September and October in Washington State.Ingredients (Adjust amounts and proportions to taste):
Tomato: 3 ⅓ lbs = approx 10 medium globe tomatoes
(2 ½ lbs for dicing, ⅔ lb for blending)
Cucumber: 2 ½ lbs = roughly 6-20 small field cucumbers, or 3 English cucumbers
(1 ⅓ lbs for dicing, 1 lb for juicing)
Orange Bell Pepper: ⅓ lbs = about 1 large
Celery: 1 bunch
(⅓ for dicing, ⅔ for juicing)
Zucchini: ½ lb = 1 medium
Lemon Juice: 2 tsp
Chives, finely chopped: 2 tsp
vegetable juicer and container to catch juice
bowl to catch colander drips
bowl(s) for mixing and serving
- Separate cucumber, celery, and tomato to be juiced or blended and set aside for steps 3 and 4.
- Dice bell pepper, zucchini, cucumber, celery, and tomato.
- Place diced vegetables in colander set over bowl to catch juices for use later.
- Juice cucumber and celery set aside in step 1.
- Blend tomato set aside in step 1.
- Combine diced vegetables from colander with the drippings, blended tomato, lemon juice, chives, and vegetable juices. Mix well.
Serves: approx. five 16-ounce servings
Supplies and Equipment:Blenders