Sailor's Tart : Mini-Pie Fit for Popeye
by Skylar Cole
Published: Tue, 26 May 2015
A meal fit for the hungry sailor in you.
Ingredients (Adjust amounts and proportions to taste):
80/10/10 enthusiast, Willow Belle, and her son, Skylar, enjoy creating recipes and sharing them with us. Today we share one of Skylar's unique creations that uses Willow's date-mulberry crust. Keep posted for more recipes from Willow and Skylar in the future.
Medjool Dates, pitted
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1-2 fresh Raspberries (optional for garnish)
cutting board (optional)
small pie plate, deep dessert dish, or shallow bowl for serving
- Place mulberries, dates, and cinnamon into food processor and pulse until it becomes sticky-crumbly.
- Press the crumble into serving container.
- Slice enough banana dics to line the crust, place them on crust, and set aside.
- Set aside nice looking spinach leaves, slices of banana, and/or mango for garnishing if desired.
- Blend bananas, mango, spinach into a very thick green smoothie consistency.
- Pour filling to fill crust.
- (optional) Garnish with ingredients set aside, and/or with fresh raspberry and spinach leaves as pictured.
- Serve fresh, or refrigerate until serving.