Cheezy Shephard's Pie
by Chris Kendall and Ashley Clark
Published: Wed, 19 Nov 2014
Oh how I have always loved shepards pie, such a hearty and delicious dish. After trying my sweetheart Naturally Ashley's raw Mac n Cheese recipe (its one of my all time favorites) a thousand new idea's started to bloom and this twist was born!
The CHEEZE:I make the cheezey sauce with room temperature ingredients and blend on high in my Vitamix till smooth creamy and warm!
- 2 cups of fresh organic corn
- ½ of a fresh red pepper
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes (soaked for 1/2 hour)
- 1 sticks celery
- 3 green onion stems
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp chili powder
*for added creaminess add 2 tbsp raw hemp seeds!
**When fresh organic corn is not available I use frozen organic corn. Organic frozen corn is blanched before freezing.
1 portabello mushroom
6 Crimni mushrooms
8 dried shitaki mushrooms
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
1 cup of broccoli
1/2 peeled zucchini
1 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp chia
1 green onion
- Blend all "Cheeze" ingredients at high speed until smooth and creamy. Leave in the blender.
- Place all "Crumble" ingredients into the blender with "Cheeze" and pulse at low speeds until chunky using a tamper or celery stick. Alternatively place all "Crumble" ingredients in a food processor and pulse till desired texture (I prefer a fine crumble) and mix with "Cheeze"
- Pour the "Chunky Cheeze Mixture" into a deep casserole dish and start on the cauliflower "Mashed Potatoes".
- Place all "Mashed Potato" ingredients in the blender at high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Pour and spread "Mashed potatoes" over the "Chunky Cheeze Mixture" and let sit for 20 minutes to set.
- If you have a excalibur dehydrator you can set the whole caserole dish inside at 115 for 30 -90 minutes, Otherwise Serve once it or you are set!
Serves 2 -3
For many more delicious low fat raw vegan recipes be sure to check out both Chris and Ashley's Websites: Chris Kendall's "101 Frickin Rawsome Recipes" and "TRA Retreat Treats" at http://TheRawAdvantage.com and Ashley Clark's "Healthy Childhood Favorites" at http://NaturallyAshley.com
Much PeaceLovenSeasonalFruit Ck